International Applications

Updated January 04, 2011

The College receives inquiries from foreign individuals, regarding possible registration in the profession in Alberta, and these are often from foreign trained Dentists.

It is a common mistake to think that Dentists can registered as a Denturists; however, the two professions are different and there is different training and qualifications. There is not reciprocity between the professions.

Foreign trained Dentists need to make application to the Alberta Dental Association & College.

If you are a foreign trained dentist with additional qualifications such as a diploma in Dental Technology, you may then possibly have the qualifications for registration as a Denturist.

The College's Registrar and Registration Committee follow a policy with respect to administrative matters of international applications. This policy will provide general information and guidelines as to the processes an individual must successfully complete if they are to become registered in Alberta as a Regulated Member.   

Policy - PDF

For additional information or the appropriate registration package, please contact the College office.